Descrição : Senior UX Designer. A empresa : Whirlpool Corporation. Localização : Joinville, SC
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Global Interaction Design Team is responsible for planning, creating and developing how people use the products and interact with them through user interfaces, mobile apps, voice, and features. The team also develops creative solutions in order to meet the consumer's needs in line with the demands and guidelines of our global brands.
This position is located in Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil.
Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s largest home appliance manufacturer, is looking for talented visionaries to craft the blueprint for this new frontier. You could be a pioneer, charting the roadmap for the way millions of people will use their appliances in the future.
- Thought leadership in the “Internet Of Things,” space;
- Evaluate state of the art and emerging product design in competitive spaces and interpret relevant trends in user interaction technologies and practices;
- Create compelling, innovative user experiences for connected and future appliances delivered on mobile and product platforms;
- Develop prototype concepts - “the next big thing” in the consumer appliance interactive space;
- Envision and communicate the behavior of user interaction design solutions through a unique thought approach to the interaction design process
- Nurture a “finger on the pulse” of the technology landscape.Provide insights into the promising application of multi-sensory hardware and software consumer electronics components such as light, sound, speech, haptics, and environmental sensors;
- Validate usability of user interaction design concepts with heuristic usability evaluation and formative and summative usability testing;
- Collaborate with all facets of the organization, across brands, categories and regions to drive a consistent connected vision throughout the company.
- Possess cutting edge knowledge and experience relative to the Technology / interaction design space;
- Fluent english;
- Familiarity with mobile operating system platforms and the design aspects which are related to them, direct experience in this space is preferred.
- A deep understanding of the technology and trends in the industry.
- The ability to forge new direction in the appliance industry (We seek individuals who communicate ideas powerfully and collaborate skillfully with graphic designers, industrial designers, usability specialists, electronics technicians, and software engineers.
- Ideal candidates should be graduated in the UX/UI, graphic design or interaction design as well as a portfolio of creative, contemporary interaction designs applicable to consumer products or commensurate experience in the field.
- Familiarity with understanding and synthesizing user needs through methods like contextual inquiry, persona development, and participatory design is also foundational.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of software programming and development are helpful.
- Keen insight on emerging trends in multi-sensory user interface technologies such as touch, graphic animation, display lighting, haptic feedback, sound, and voice to consumer product design is also an excellent credential.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.